Optimize Your Life to Be Your Best Self
Group Coaching Program
Whether you feel on top of things in your life, and want to get even closer to what you are capable of achieving – or whether you’re feeling like nothing is going right and really need support and structure to turn things around – this program is for you. Because let’s face it, we all have a gap between who we’re currently being, and who we are capable of being. There’s a best version of ourselves out there! And we owe it to ourselves to do everything we can to become who we are capable of becoming.
“According to Seneca, the Greek word euthymia is one we should think of often: it is the sense of our own path and how to stay on it without getting distracted by all the others that intersect it. In other words, it’s not about beating the other guy. It’s not about having more than the others. It’s about being what you are, and being as good as possible at it, without succumbing to all the things that draw you away from it. It’s about going where you set out to go. About accomplishing the most that you’re capable of in what you choose. That’s it. No more and no less.” – Ryan Holiday, Ego is the Enemy
When we don’t acknowledge what we’re capable of, or let our fundamentals slide (e.g. sleep, movement, food, stress levels), then that best version of ourselves doesn’t show up as often. We’re more likely to be short with our family and friends, fritter away our time on social media, and not do the things that keep us energized. This is a recipe for dissatisfaction, because we deep down we know that we are wasting our precious time here on this planet – a fact that is hitting home even stronger at the moment.
In the Optimize Your Life program, we will draw on the research about human potential to start closing the gap between who we are and who we’re capable of being. This allows us to meet the challenges we inevitably face with grace, so we can pick ourselves up and keep on going. We will get intimately acquainted with that best version of ourselves, and clarify our priorities, so we can focus on what matters and not be tempted by the inevitable distractions.
Over the course of the program, we’ll learn best practices when it comes to optimizing our energy, which is literally the foundation for everything else we do. We’ll create routines and protocols to fall back on when the inevitable challenges of life show up (like now!). We’ll fine-tune and tweak things. We’ll see the changes develop over time. And we won’t need to do it alone, because we’ll have each other. We can cheer each other on as we more consistently show up as the best version of ourselves, making the biggest positive difference in our lives and the lives of those around us!
Curious about what we’ll cover? Here’s a quick look at each of the eight modules* – they are bursting with goodness and new ideas and tools, with plenty of time in between to incorporate and create small habits.
Module I: Closing the Gap
You can’t close the gap without knowing what it looks like, and what you’re aiming for – this module acquaints you with that best version of yourself:
- A Quick Trip to Hell (don’t worry, just a quick one!)
- Eulogy Virtues (what do you want people to say about you when you’re gone?)
- Stepping between Stimulus & Response (“Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.” – Victor Frankl, Man’s Search for Meaning)
- We’ll never get there – and that’s okay! (we’re human, after all)
Module II: The Big Three
Energy, Work, and Love – and everyone has these in their lives, whether you have a paid job or not, a significant other or not – we are all shaped by the Big Three areas of our lives.
- Carpe Diem (it’s not just about seizing the day, but also seizing the moment)
- Your Identities, Virtues, and Behaviors (of the best version of yourself – we get clear on these, so that we know who we want to be, and how we want to act)
- The Carpe Diem Journal (this is how we operationalize our best self – by reminding ourselves daily about what and who we aspire to be)
- A Trip to Michelango’s Studio (our best self already exists inside of us, but we need to chip away at the things that are getting in the way of it showing up)
Module III: Masterpiece Days
Part of creating routines and protocols is about knowing why we want to create them – what would our ideal days – our masterpiece days – look like?
- PM and AM Bookends (since we have the most control over the beginning and the end of our days, how do we structure them for the most optimization?)
Module IV: Challenges Make Us Stronger
They do! Just like Kelly Clarkson says in this song!
- Anti-Fragile Fuel (the differences between being fragile, resilient, and anti-fragile, and how we can turn challenges into fuel for our fires)
- OMMS (Obstacles Make Me Stronger – our new mantra)
Module V: Energy (the foundation!!)
This is the foundation for our lives – if we don’t have energy, we can’t show up well anywhere else.
- Sleep (Digital Sunset – let’s get serious about turning off those screens)
- Eating (Real Food – harder than it should be in our fast moving, highly processed world)
- Movement (1,000 Second Timer – reminding yourself to move)
Module VI: Work (not just paid work – all the things you want to do in your life)
You have work to do in the world regardless of whether or not you have a traditional J.O.B. – this encompasses your passions, projects, hobbies, and more.
- Deep Work (according to Cal Newport, this is both becoming more rare, and more valuable – we all need to cultivate this skill)
- The Importance of Oscillating (everything goes in cycles and rhythms, and we need to honor our own as we do our Deep Work)
- Going for the W.I.N.! (there’s always so much to do, so we need to focus on What’s Important Now)
- Mastering The Motivation Equation (we’ll go over the variables that increase or decrease our motivation, and plug in our current goals)
Module VII: Love (we all have love in our lives, regardless of what it looks like)
This also applies to everyone – whether you do or don’t have a significant other, get along with your family or not, have kids or don’t – we are social creatures and love and relationships are a critical part of our lives.
- Love 0.0 – Self Care (it’s not just bubble baths)
- Love 1.0 – Presence & the iPhone Effect (the greatest gift we can give to ourselves and others is our attention – which is constantly being splintered by the amazing mini-computers in our hands)
- Love 2.0 – Micromoments (an incredible way to soak up and create moments of connection as we go about our days)
- Love 3.0 – Encouraging Others (tapping into the best version of ourselves to see the best version of the people around us)
Module VIII: Wrapping It Up
We’re only wrapping up the program, because the quest to close the gap between who we are being, and who we are capable of being – our best self – is never-ending. Thank goodness! Life would be pretty boring, otherwise!
- The Big Three Audit (time to come full circle and reflect on our Big Three once more)
- Celebrate new habits installed and deleted (Woohoo! Look at all you have done over the past four months!)
- Celebrate new identities and virtues embodied (And look at who you have become!!)
- Go out and change the world! (That’s why we’re all here, right?)
Phew! I know that’s a lot, and it’s meant to be. Think of it as planting seeds and then tending them – some will bloom right away, and others will need more time – but they’re there, germinating under the soil, even if you can’t see the growth immediately.
When is it?
- The schedule for the next cohort hasn’t been set, so check back!
What if I can’t make all the times or have to miss some sessions here and there?
- They will be recorded so you can watch them later!
Can’t wait to start Optimizing with you!!
*The curriculum for this program draws freely on the work of Brian Johnson, founder and CEO of Optimize. Dr. Geil is a certified Optimize Coach.
**I don’t want finances to get in the way of you joining this program if you are truly called to it. Reach out to me if that’s you – we’ll figure something out.